The New Year is upon us, and it’s time to think about making exciting changes and new beginnings. If you are a property owner with some extra space in your yard, you should consider getting a granny flat built. While these features started out strictly as structures built to accommodate elderly family members, many things have changed along the way.
Today, granny flats are being built for various reasons. Apart from being a great living space for older family members, it can also be used as an additional living space for your immediate family. For example, you can use this structure as an additional suite for older children, a home office, or even rent it out for some extra side income. In short, a granny flat can provide a significant return on investment in different ways.
What Is A Granny Flat?
A granny flat is a structure that is independent of the main home on a property. It can be customised to your requirements and can have between 1 to 3 bedrooms. Some people also get Studio granny flats built. Since the structure is customized for you, skilled designers like the ones at 5 Star Granny Flats will ensure that every single feature in it is as per your specific needs.
Take a look at why you should consider getting a granny flat built, in 2020:
- As long as your property makes the basic local Council requirements, it isn’t difficult to get permits for this structure.
- The construction can be quickly completed within 8 to 10 weeks, which means you can have an excellent granny flat within a matter of two months.
- It can be customized to your requirements and built to make optimal use of the available space.
- It is a low-cost structure that can be turned into perfect accommodation for family members.
- If you prefer, you can also rent out the space for additional income which means that the structure provides excellent monetary value.
- If you like the idea of working from home but need an independent space that detached from the main structure, a granny flat is a great addition.
- Many people like the convenience that a granny flat offers when they use it as accommodation for their elderly parents or grandparents. It gives both parties the privacy and independence they need while being close at hand in case any help is required.
- If a close family member is looking to downsize their home, you can consider getting a granny flat built on your property for them.
- While many companies offer granny flat design and construction services, very few can provide the perfect balance of cost-effectiveness, customization, and high quality. As a company focused on ensuring customer satisfaction, we go the extra mile to ensure that our clients get the kind of custom granny flats they want.
You can also use this form to get a quick online quote.