Granny flats are an excellent addition to the available space on your property. You get more livable space without needing to renovate the existing house significantly. This explains why granny flat popularity is on the rise in Australia.
We at 5 Star Granny Flats offer custom granny flat design and planning services. This structure is perfect for housing older family members. But you can also rent it out; use it as a home office, a man cave, a she den, or even a teenager’s bedroom.
Your granny flat gives you the freedom to design this space the way you like. Some ideas about its use may be taking shape in your mind. Here are some ideas to help you along the way:
1. Get Creative with Colours and Mirrors
You will like to have your granny flat to have a spacious and bright look. Wall paint with lighter shades will do the magic. Consultation with an experienced builder or an interior designer can work wonders in choosing the right colour theme for your dream place.
Designers now use mirrors to create a feeling of expansiveness. The latest trend is to use more mirrors and place them on different sides of a room to create reflections that result in an illusion of more space in a small granny flat.
2. Use Smart Storage Options
In a small granny flat, the primary consideration is to reduce crowding and make the areas as spacious as possible. This brings to the fore the issue of managing storage spaces in a small floor plan. Here are some things you can do to create extra space.
- The areas under benches and the bed can be used to store your valuables. Keep in view that you need more space in a bedroom to store your clothes and personal belongings.
- Wall-mounted shelves or a shelf rack in the living room provide storage space for books, decorative items, etc.
- Use side tables that serve the purpose of coffee tables.
- Your kitchenette can accommodate a kitchen island that can take care of .extra cabinet space you need for kitchen equipment.
3. Focus on Openness and Bringing the Outdoors In
Combining the charm of the outdoor environment with smart interior design concepts infuses a feeling of comfort and ambience. You can make it possible by:
- Installing glass doors to extend the interior area into the outdoor space.
- Integrating outdoor elements like natural light and ventilation into the interior design to create an environment-friendly ambience.
- Adding a rocking chair or a small bench to the veranda enables you to enjoy both the indoors and outdoors.
Our granny flats have a flexible design, which means you can choose from our wide range of options or can create your own design to suit your specifications. For more information on our granny flat builder services, you can get in touch with us at 5 Star Granny Flats today! Just give us a call on 1300 843 921 or fill in this contact us form. You can also use this form to get a quick online quote.